Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stamping 411, Saturday Sketch #162

Hey everyone, I subscribe to Stamping 411's blog and every Saturday they have a new sketch challenge.  I liked how simple this one looked and figured I'd give it a try. 



Here is what I came up with.  I played with Poppy Parade, one of this year's In Colors, along with the Hostest Level 1 Designer Series Paper (also in Poppy Parade).  I added a layer of Whisper White ran it through the big shot using the Perfect Details Texturz Plate, for a little added dimension. The flowers were also done with the big shot using the Floral Fusion die. 

The little flowers in the center were punched out with the 4 petal flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  1st done in Whisper White, then again with the same DSP I used for the background. 

Finally I stamped Thanks from the Thank You Kindly stamp set, in Poppy Parade and layered it again on the same DSP!  Let me know what you think. 
 
 
If you want to check out where I got this idea from just go to Stamping 411

15 comments:

  1. Oh I love the beautiful bright colors! Wonderful job with the challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card looks awesome! Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing some more examples in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The texture with the dsp really makes a great background for the flowers, and I love that you've made such a pretty card with only two colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty!! Love those flowers and the texture!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Stamping 411 Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red and white combo...so fresh looking! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Samantha -- love your 3-D flowers! Thanks for playing along this week with the Stamping 411 Operators! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this and the Poppy Parade is fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color combination! I love the criss-cross background. It's adds such a nice touch to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Poppy Parade color! Very nice card.
    I'm following you from SC. Hope you'll join my blog too! www.crafthavenretreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog! I'm now following you. Hope you follow me too!
    Norma
    www.stampingaweigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card. I am a new follower of yours from SC. Please drop over to my blog and check it out.
    http://www.inkyfingersatwork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the CAS card and 3D flowers! Following you from SC. Hope you'll follow me, too! http://www.heartsdelightcards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. great card!

    I'm your new follower from SC.
    hope to see you as a follower too.

    http://604clothpaperscissors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute samples. I'm following you...
    Amy
    http://amysstampincreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card! Following along from VA! :)

    ReplyDelete